The best thing about any celebration is good food. Now all feasts must have a show-stopper dessert. One such dessert is rasmalai cake. It combines flavours of rasmalai, the Indian dessert, in the form of cake. It makes it irresistible and its egg-free and easy to make. If you’re looking for “Rasmalai cake near me”, order Rasmalai cake online or make it at home easily to celebrate special occasions, be it festivals, birthdays, anniversaries, or the new year.
What is ras malai cake?
Rasmalai cake is the best of the two worlds together-rasmalai and cake. The eggless sponge cake. It is soaked with the rasmalai milk. It is topped with rasmalai-flavoured whipped cream. Nuts and rose petals are used to garnish the cake.
Further reading: 8 Out-of-the-Box Tips for a Veg Pizza to Order
The three interesting components are:
Ras: It is referred to as syrup or rasmalai milk. Ras is the thickened saffron and cardamom flavoured milk. It is used to add flavour to the cake and the whipped frosting. Based on the saffron, ras may be pale or dark yellow.
Sponge cake: It is a light, soft, airy, and eggless sponge cake. It is also butter-free.
Whipped frosting: To keep up with the airy and light theme, use whipped cream frosting. It will bring the cake together.
To make rasmalai cake 1kg, or for a small get together, assemble the following ingredients
- One cup of yogurt
- Three-fourth cup of vegetable oil
- One cup of castor sugar
- Half teaspoon of kewra extract
- Half cup of milk
- Two drops of yellow food colour
- Two-three strands of saffron
- Half a teaspoon of cardamom powder
- Two cups of all-purpose flour
- Two cups of whipping cream
- Half a teaspoon of baking soda
- Two teaspoons of baking powder
- One box of rasmalai
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celcius. Line two six-inch round cake pans using parchment paper.
- Add milk, a few strands of saffron, and cardamom powder to one bowl.
- Mix them well. Set it aside for a few minutes of infusion.
- In another bowl, including the yogurt.
- Sprinkle baking soda over it.
- Keep it aside. Allow it to foam up.
- Together whisk castor oil and sugar in another bowl until pale and combined.
- Add vanilla or kewra extract.
- Pour the mixture of yogurt into the sugar and oil mixture. Add the infused milk. Mix well.
- Sift baking powder and maida into the wet ingredients. Whisk until you see no lumps.
- Bake it well. Keep the temperature at 180 degrees Celcius. for 30 minutes.
- Let the cake cool well. Then divide every cake into half using a serrated knife.
- Beat whipping cream for the frosting. Make stiff peaks and fold spoons of the liquid from rasmalai into this whipped cream.
- Add some yellow food colour.
- Take a layer of this cake. Drizzle some of the rasmalai liquid.
- Pipe some whipped cream.
- Include a few chopped pistachios. Put the second cake layer and repeat as many layers as you want.
- Add whipped cream by spreading it well on its top surface.
- Garnish with little pieces of rasmalai.
- Then serve it.
Make rasmalai milk:
- Switch off the instant pot. Add all the ingredients starting from whole milk, evaporated milk, cardamom powder, sugar, and condensed milk, to the stainless steel inset of the instant pot. Add a pinch of saffron.
- Until combined, keep on mixing well. Close the pot’s lid using the vent to seal it. Cook on manual high for a minute, followed by natural release.
- Milk will splatter everywhere if a quick release is done. So it is not recommended.
- Open the lid and mix well. Let the lid stay open. Allow it to cool. The milk layer will form as the milk cools. Mix it to make tasty thick milk.
- Thus rasmalai milk or ras will be ready.
- Make it before. Refrigerate it for three-four days.
- As it will cools, it will be thick.
Further Reading: A Comprehensive Guide: Which cheese is best for pizza?
Make the frosting:
- Use one hand mixer.
- A stand mixer can also be used. It must be attached to a wire hook to prepare the frosting.
- Keep the wire hook attachment and stand mixer bowl in a refrigerator for 20 minutes before making the frosting and chilling the whipped cream.
- After 20 minutes, remove the bowl. Then whisk from the refrigerator.
- Add cream along with rasmalai milk to that chilled bowl.
- Begin low and then increase the speed of the stand mixer slowly to medium-high.
- Beat it for almost 5 minutes or until you see the cream becoming thick.
- Then add the powdered sugar and vanilla extract as needed.
- Again begin at low speed. It will prevent powdered sugar from spreading all over the kitchen.
- Then increase the speed again to medium-high slowly.
- Beat it for another 5 minutes or until the cream becomes thick and keeps its shape.
- It must form stiff peaks.
Assembling the cake:
- Apply frosting on top. You can slice it in half and frost it, or you do not have to divide the cake. It will be delicious either way.
- Remove the chilled soaked cake. Place it on the cake stand or your serving plate. Add one tablespoon of the frosting to the cake stand’s centre. It will act as the glue for holding your cake in place.
- Include the necessary amount of frosting on your cake. Use a spatula to evenly spread it out on the top as much as possible.
- Sprinkle a few dry fruits, such as chopped pistachios and sliced almonds, over the frosting.
- Finally, spread some dry rose petals. Add light rasmalai milk drizzle.
- Add a few saffron threads and edible gold leaf. (optional)
Further Reading: Moong dal khichdi Recipe- A wholesome & delicious meal
You can serve the cake just as you top it with whipped frosting. But as it is a rasmalai cake, you can add some of the rasmalai milk to the serving plate. Put the piece of the cake on it.
Frequently asked questions
How can I make sure that my rasmalai cake is tasty and moist?
Add sugar syrup to ensure the cake is moist. Make sure you add good ingredients to the frosting to enhance the taste of your cake.
What are some tips for making quick and easy rasmalai cake recipes?
- To make it on the stovetop, include all the ingredients in a heavy-bottomed pot. Bring it to a boil. Stir well. Lower the heat. Simmer for 10 minutes. Switch off the heat. Let it cool.
- Never overmix the batter after you add the dry ingredients. It will make the cake denser and hard.
- If you prefer any sweeter cake, increase the sugar to half a cup.
- Use a store-purchased cake mix and bake according to the package instructions. Use cool. Flavour it with rasmalai milk.
Is it okay to put milk in a rasmalai cake recipe?
Yes. Milk will moisten dry ingredients for excellent mixing abilities. It will activate gluten for enhanced texture, colour, and flavour.
Can I store the leftover rasmalai cake recipe for later use?
Yes. Store it in one airtight container in your refrigerator. It will depend on your filling and frosting.
Tips to make the best rasmalai cake
- Allow your cake to become completely cool before you begin to work on it. Otherwise, it will fall apart.
- Use a cake leveler or a serrated knife to level it.
- Use toothpicks to measure the cake’s height. Slice off any excess with the knife.
- Rotate the cake and mark it evenly on all sides.
- Have a loose marking around your entire cake.
Follow this simple recipe to make delicious cakes on all occasions.