Peppy Paneer Pizza is a savory pizza topped with crispy paneer cubes, tomatoes, and fresh herbs. This delicious meal is perfect for those who love Indian food! The unique fusion of paneer and pizza will tantalize your taste buds.
Made with paneer, spices, and mozzarella cheese, this pizza is not just delicious but also healthy too! The rich flavours of pepper and cumin give the pizza its signature flavour, while the tomato’s beta-carotene contributes an array of health benefits. If you choose to make this pizza with whole wheat dough instead of white flour, you can feel good about indulging in it guilt-free. So add this tempting dish to your list of favourites – we promise you won’t regret it!
The origin of Peppy Paneer Pizza
Paneer is known to be a popular Indian cheese that is soft and has a smooth texture which makes it perfect for making cheesy pizzas. It’s often eaten as an appetizer or main course because it’s simple to make. According to some sources, the first paneer pizza was created in Mumbai in 1978 by restaurateur Vasant Thackeray (father of current Prime Minister Narendra Modi). He called his creation “pizza bhaat” (“flatbread pizza”) and sold it at his restaurant Bombay Palace. Today there are several versions of paneer pizza available all over India, including variations that use chicken instead of paneer.
Further Reading: 7 Types of Cheese Burst Pizza You Should Try
Let’s see how we can make a healthy version of this yummy delicacy.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- Whole wheat pizza dough
- Pizza sauce
- ¼ Cup sliced green olives
- 2Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Black pepper to season
- 100 Gm cubed paneer
- 1 Cup diced green capsicum/ bell pepper
- 1 Cup grated fresh mozzarella or pizza cheese
- 2-3 Tbsp semolina or cornmeal
1. Prepare your pizza dough. Punch the risen dough, lightly massage it, and divide it into 2 bases depending on how many you plan to make.
2. Dice paneer and capsicum, slice the olives, and keep other ingredients ready.
3. In a bowl, take the paneer cubes and drizzle some olive oil all over them. Season the mixture with some black pepper and salt to taste. Repeat the same steps with the capsicum.
4. On a baking tray or pizza tray, sprinkle a little bit of semolina and cornmeal. Start spreading a portion of pizza dough with your fingers according to the thickness you prefer. Poke it with a fork all over to prevent it from puffing up.
5. Now spread the delicious pizza sauce as much as you like around the base. Leave about a centimeter on the circumference.
6. Drop grated mozzarella all around. Make sure it’s equally spread out well.
7. Now top it with diced green capsicum as per your wish. Place paneer cubes that have been marinated in oil in between the capsicum.
8. Next, place a few olives and spread more cheese. Place a few more capsicum pieces and season it well with black pepper.
9. Preheat the oven to 200°C for 10 mins.
10. Your mouth-watering pizza is now ready to be baked. Bake it at 200°C for 10-12 mins or until done, the cheese is melted well, and the crust is nice and golden
Further Reading: 8 Out-of-the-Box Tips for a Veg Pizza to Order
Is Peppy Paneer Pizza healthy?
This delicious and nutritious pizza is perfect even for those looking to eat healthier. Made with paneer, a type of cheese high in protein and calcium, this pizza will keep you full until your next meal. In addition, it contains other healthy ingredients such as olives and capsicum.
Paneer is a dairy product that is rich in vitamins A and B12 (which are essential for maintaining energy levels), enzymes (which help digest food), and minerals like potassium (which helps regulate blood pressure). The tomato sauce is high in vitamin C, which supports the functioning of the immune system.
Peppy Paneer Pizza is an incredibly nutritious option that tastes great! If you want to add something special to your diet while increasing your intake of essential nutrients, give this pizza a try today!